Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are definitely a sweet treat muffin - and pretty low fat too. Great taste and who can resist the combo of banana, chocolate and ginger???
- 4 medium mashed ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup crystallized ginger, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup dark chocolate, chopped into small chunks
- Sift flour with baking soda, powder and salt. Set aside.
- Mash bananas in a large mixing bowl. Add oil, yogurt, egg, and vanilla. Mix. Add brown sugar and blend well.
- Stir in dry ingredients until well mixed but don’t over-beat. Add chocolate and crystallized ginger. Spoon into oiled muffin tins.
- Bake at 350’ for 15-20 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched in the centre.
These were incredible! I didn't have any yogurt on hand so I substituted half light sour cream, half light miracle whip. The texture was light and sponge-y and the flavor combination was really delicious! I used finely chopped candied ginger from recipe 123111 and mini semi-sweet chocolate chips. THANK YOU for sharing! This is definitely my new favorite lo-fat sweet treat!