Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a nice banana bread recipe, but with the topping...well now it has the WOW factor. They're sweet, so be warned. :) This makes 2 loaves or 2 x 12 muffin pans, or one of each. If you cook one of each make sure the muffins are baked for approximately 35 minutes and the loaf is baked for approximately 50 minutes. The topping needs 15-20 minutes within those baking times mentioned. Sorry if it's confusing.
- 4-5 large ripe bananas (use over-ripe, black or defrosted bananas)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 236.59 ml vegetable oil or 236.59 ml rice bran oil or 236.59 ml melted butter
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 946.36 ml plain flour
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml nutmeg, grated
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- 120 g butter
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml milk
- 236.59 ml shredded coconut
- Mash bananas until mushy.
- Beat in eggs and oil.
- Add dry ingredients to banana mixture
- Stir until smooth.
- Pour into 2 greased loaf pans, or 2 x 12 muffin pans, or one of each.
- Bake at 200°C Loaf/loaves for 30 minutes or muffins for 15 minutes.
- Spoon topping on in the centre gently as the loaves or muffins will sink a little. Allow space for caramel coconut to spread.
- Return to the oven for another 20 minutes (Loaves or muffins).
- In a saucepan melt butter on low to medium heat.
- Add sugar and dissolve, keep stirring so it doesn't burn on the bottom.
- Add milk and coconut, Stir until combined.
- Keep warm until ready to spoon onto banana bread.