Recipe by she who hears "I hungy"
These are tasty muffins that are good for a lunch, snack, or desert. They are easy to make and will satisfy the nutritionally conscientious. They get great reviews with children too!
Top Review by Marz
Nice easy muffin to make, especially if you are watching what you are eating, since they are so low in fat! Good way to use up your over ripe bananas, Instead of whole wheat flour I use white whole wheat flour and it worked out just fine! Thank you for posting!!
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar (about50/50 mix) or 1⁄3 cup brown sugar (about50/50 mix)
- 1 cup of ripe mashed banana (3 bananas)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup raisins or 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- in bowl combine:.
- whisk egg,and add oil, sugar, bananas'.
- in second bowl,.
- sift: flour and baking powder then fold into wet ingredients
- add: wheatgerm,and vanilla.
- fold in raisins(I like sultanas' myself)or chocolate chips for a slightly more sinful muffin.
- grease muffin tin and spoon batter into tin.
- Bake 15 Minutes in preheated oven at 375 degrees.