Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are tasty muffins that are good for a lunch, snack, or desert. They are easy to make and will satisfy the nutritionally conscientious. They get great reviews with children too!
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar (about50/50 mix) or 1⁄3 cup brown sugar (about50/50 mix)
- 1 cup of ripe mashed banana (3 bananas)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup raisins or 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- in bowl combine:.
- whisk egg,and add oil, sugar, bananas'.
- in second bowl,.
- sift: flour and baking powder then fold into wet ingredients
- add: wheatgerm,and vanilla.
- fold in raisins(I like sultanas' myself)or chocolate chips for a slightly more sinful muffin.
- grease muffin tin and spoon batter into tin.
- Bake 15 Minutes in preheated oven at 375 degrees.
Nice easy muffin to make, especially if you are watching what you are eating, since they are so low in fat! Good way to use up your over ripe bananas, Instead of whole wheat flour I use white whole wheat flour and it worked out just fine! Thank you for posting!!
These were good AND so easy to make! I used half whoel wheat/half oat flour, and didn't use the raisins (forgot to!). The wheat germ gave it a nutty flavor & I used applesauce for the oil. I used Splenda for the sugar & added just a little Splenda brown sugar. Thanks for sharing!