Recipe by Crazyhead Cook
Very moist and tasty muffin! The kids love them too! Adapted from a Butter Buster's cookbook by Pam Mycoskie
Top Review by ElectroGirl
I'm trying out banana bread/muffin recipes and this was the second time I've made these. The first time I followed the recipe exactly only I used a pan instead of making muffins. They turned out light, fluffy and moist but they stuck to EVERY SURFACE that touched the batter! The second time I used egg whites. The result was moist but more spongey and solid. I don't know anything about baking, but my guess is the egg whites did that.
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup white flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (or 1/4 c sugar and 3 pkg sweet n low)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute (or 2 eggs or 4 egg whites)
- 2 large bananas, mashed
- 2⁄3 cup skim milk
- 1⁄3 cup light corn syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray 16 muffin cups with nonfat cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, using a wire whisk, beat Egg Beaters.
- Stir in mashed bananas, milk and corn syrup.
- Add flour mixture; stir until blended. Spoon into muffin cups.
- Bake at 400°F for 22-25 minutes. Cool 5 minutes in pan. Per sugar serving: 148 cal., 0.6g fat (4%), 0mg chol., 1g fiber, 4g pro., 33g carb., 117mg sod. Per W&L serving: 132 cal., 29g carb. Butter Busters by Pam Mycoskie.