Top Review by alijen
These are great for low-carbers. Of course the ingredients make the muffins a little dense, but that can't be helped. I didn't add the walnuts because I didn't have any, but I may next time. I did add in a half teaspoon each of cinnamon and nutmeg for a little extra flavor. Thanks for a great, easy recipe!
- 3 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup davinci sugar-free banana syrup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup flax seed meal
- 3⁄4 cup Atkins baking mix
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Prep the muffin pan by inserting foil cupcakes cups or spray with cooking spray.
- DO NOT use paper cupcake liners, or they will become part of the muffin- inseparable!
- Beat eggs and add the melted butter slowly while continuing to beat the eggs.
- Then add in the Davinci syrup and water and mix.
- In a separate bowl, combine Atkins Bake Mix, flax meal, baking powder, salt and mix to evenly distribute baking powder.
- Stir in the wet ingredients and mix well, Divide the batter into 12 muffin cups, and bake for 30 minutes.
- Done when toothpick comes out clean.
- OR you could use a loaf pan.
- They should be stored in the fridge, and they also freeze well.
- You can also use any other flavors.
- I've made cranberry and green apple.