- 12 ounces vegetable oil
- 20 ml baking soda (1 T plus 1 tsp)
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 5 -6 ripe bananas
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts (optional) or 3⁄4 cup pecans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour and baking soda in bowl, set aside.
- Mix oil, eggs and sugar with mixer on medium. Add flour and baking soda mixture and mix 30 seconds. Add bananas (broken into chunks) and mix 1-2 more minutes (mixture will still be a little lumpy). Stir in chopped nuts, if desired.
- Pour into greased muffin pans and bake at 350 F for 16-18 minutes.
- Or pour into two greased bread pans and bake at 300 F for 40-45 minutes.