Recipe by Orenda B
This recipe is the best I've found for Banana muffins just watch not to overbake them. They come out nice and moist. they also freeze well for later use. I have put different additions in them over the years instead of walnuts, like peanut butter chips or chocolate chips, pecans and peanuts.
Top Review by Hey Jude
I've finally found the perfect banana muffin recipe! These bake up so nice, slightly crispy on the outside, light and fluffy on the inside. I love it that there's no oil in the recipe, like so many other banana, zucchini, carrot, etc., recipes. I did not add the walnuts but next time I will (I made these mainly for my daughter, who hates nuts of all types). Good instructions, very easy and quick, I had muffins within an hour of deciding to make them because of 2 very ripe bananas. I will definitely make these again. Thanks Orenda and please post some more recipes!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large bananas, mashed
- 2 cups flour, all purpose
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl mix flour baking soda and powder and salt.
- set aside.
- Beat together in large bowl- butter & sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at time beat well after each.
- next add mashed banana beat well.
- Next alternately add buttermilk and flour mixture mix only until dry ingredients are moist.
- Do not over mix.
- Batter will be slightly lumpy.
- stir in vanilla and nuts.
- Line (or grease) muffin pans.
- Fill apx.
- 1/2 to 2/3 full.
- Bake in 400 degree pre-heated oven for 15-18 minutes.