This recipe is the best I've found for Banana muffins just watch not to overbake them. They come out nice and moist. they also freeze well for later use. I have put different additions in them over the years instead of walnuts, like peanut butter chips or chocolate chips, pecans and peanuts.
- In large bowl mix flour baking soda and powder and salt.
- set aside.
- Beat together in large bowl- butter & sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at time beat well after each.
- next add mashed banana beat well.
- Next alternately add buttermilk and flour mixture mix only until dry ingredients are moist.
- Do not over mix.
- Batter will be slightly lumpy.
- stir in vanilla and nuts.
- Line (or grease) muffin pans.
- Fill apx.
- 1/2 to 2/3 full.
- Bake in 400 degree pre-heated oven for 15-18 minutes.