Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Very, very good cake-like muffins. I got the recipe off allrecipes.com. I added the nuts and the raisins, which I think is an improvement.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 1⁄3 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and mix until smooth.
- Stir in milk, mashed banana, raisins and nuts and mix well.
- Fold flour mixture into liquids.
- Bake in 350 degree oven 25-30 minutes.
These were quick, easy & tasty - the raisins & pecans were a nice touch! Since there are only 2 people in our household (and I only have 1 muffin tin), I scaled the recipe to 12 muffins. That means 1 1/3 egg - so I just used 1 extra large & it worked. Thanx Vicki!
These made a great breakfast for my parents who were staying with me. So easy to do too! Thanks!
Excellent !! So moist and the nuts and raisins were a perfect addition. Baked as printed and they turned out perfect. I did make a mistake and didn't cream butter and sugar because I mixed the sugar into the flour before reading all the directions. However, they still baked perfect with my error. This recipe is a keeper. Thank you for posting.