This recipe from chef Gerard Messerli at the Hyatt Regency Cerromar Beach in Puerto Rico makes 12 extra-large muffins with a crunchy cinnamon sugar topping. For rich banana flavor, use very ripe bananas. From "Caribbean Cooking" by John DeMers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375F (190C).
- 2Butter 12 extra-large muffin cups.
- 3Sift flour, baking powder and salt together.
- 4Set aside.
- 5In a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed, cream butter and 1 cup of sugar until light and fluffy.
- 6Add eggs 1 at a time, then beat in vanilla.
- 7Combine bananas and milk in a small bowl.
- 8On low speed, stir flour into egg mixture alternately with bananas, stirring just until combined.
- 9Spoon into greased muffin cups.
- 10Combine remaining 1 tablespoon of sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- 11Sprinkle over muffins.
- 12Bake in preheated oven 30 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 13Cool in pan 5 minutes.
- 14Makes 12 extra-large muffins.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (982 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 245.8
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 52.0 mg
- Sodium 255.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 20.1 g
- Protein 3.6 g