Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Here's a version of banana muffin that I have been making for over 20 years. I originally got the recipe from a handout from Quaker Oats. This makes a great breakfast on the run.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup quick oats, uncooked
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons oil (I use melted margarine)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup banana, mashed (about 2, riper=more flavour)
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped (your choice, but I use pecans)
- Preheat oven to 400*. Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda together in a bowl. Stir in the oats.
- Add the remaining ingredients (I usually combine them), stirring only until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Lightly grease muffin cups (regular size) & fill half-full. Bake @ 400* for 20 minutes.
These are really moist and tastey! They aren't as sweet as some banana nut muffins/breads I've made before, so they seem to be healthier! :) I really enjoyed these easy to make muffins...thanks for sharing your recipe.