Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from Mimi's Cyber-kitchen, posted by jacquibay. The original recipe is credited to Dole. My modification is about 1/2 cup of mini-chocolate chips. My son patiently neglects bananas so I will make these.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour, any combination
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar (can use white sugar)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup banana, mashed
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk, plus
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip (optional)
- Stir together in a large bowl flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat together remaining ingredients except for chocolate chips.
- Stir wet mix into dry mix until moistened.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Fill batter into greased and floured muffin tins.
- Put in a pre-heated 400 F oven, and then immediately lower temperature to 350°F.
- Bake about 20 minutes but watch carefully, they brown very fast.
- Let stand a couple minutes in pan, then remove.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- They freeze well.
I used white sugar and used less. These muffins are so moist. They're the best. Great taste also. I omitted the chocolate chips. Thanks MollyJ :) Made for Bargain basement tag game