Recipe by MsPia
This muffins are the perfect balance of moist muffins and crunchy surprises. It is important to use really ripe bananas to get the best flavor.
Top Review by Jentry
The taste was absolutely WONDERFUL! However, I had to spend an hour cleaning my oven because of the tip on filling the cups to the top...talk about OVERFLOW!!! 3/4 of the cup should do it. However, I will make these again, but I won't fill them up to the top. Thanks for the recipe!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lb unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 extra large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (2 bananas)
- 1 cup medium diced ripe banana (1 Banana)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup granola cereal
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 18 large muffin cups with paper liners.
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Add the melted butter and blend.
- Combine the eggs, milk, vanilla, and mashed bananas, and add them to the flour and butter mixture. Scrape the bowl and blend well. Do not overmix.
- Fold the diced bananas, walnuts, granola, and coconut into the batter.
- Spoon the batter into the paper liners, filling each one to the top.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the tops are brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool slightly, remove from the pan, and serve.