1/2 Photos of Banana Muffin-Tops (Or Muffins and Mini-Muffins)
Galley Wench's Note:
These moist muffins bake up great in muffin top tins or mini muffins too. Maskes 12 muffins, 10 muffin tops or 24-30 mini muffins. Use very ripe bananas. Recipe was found on the internet -- Diana's Desserts, however I have made a few modifications.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 3 medium very very ripe bananas (about 14 ounces)
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup corn oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup walnuts, coursely chopped (optional) or 2/3 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 1Position an oven rack on the middle shelf of oven.
- 2Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 C).
- 3Lightly grease and flour or spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- 4In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 5In a large mxing bowl, combine the bananas, brown sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla.
- 6Beat on medium speed until well blended with only small bits of banana visible.
- 7Pour in the dry ingredients and gently stir with a rubber spatula just until blended.
- 8Add nuts or chocolate chips (if using) when the flour is almost blended and stir to incorporate.
- 9Fill the muffin top indentation to almost full with the batter.
- 10Gently tap the pan on the countertop to even out the batter.
- 11Bake until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick or a cake tester inserted comes out clean, about 13 minutes (muffins = 20, mini muffins = 15 minutes).
- 12Transfer the pan to a wire rack to cool for 5 minutes; then carefully remove the muffin tops from the pan and set them on the rack to cool.
- 13Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Muffin-Tops (Or Muffins and Mini-Muffins)
Serving Size: 1 (1006 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 253.9
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 37.2 mg
- Sodium 240.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 20.4 g
- Protein 3.9 g