Prep 15 mins
Cook 13 mins
These moist muffins bake up great in muffin top tins or mini muffins too. Maskes 12 muffins, 10 muffin tops or 24-30 mini muffins. Use very ripe bananas. Recipe was found on the internet -- Diana's Desserts, however I have made a few modifications.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 3 medium very very ripe bananas (about 14 ounces)
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup corn oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup walnuts, coursely chopped (optional) or 2⁄3 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Position an oven rack on the middle shelf of oven.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 C).
- Lightly grease and flour or spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large mxing bowl, combine the bananas, brown sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla.
- Beat on medium speed until well blended with only small bits of banana visible.
- Pour in the dry ingredients and gently stir with a rubber spatula just until blended.
- Add nuts or chocolate chips (if using) when the flour is almost blended and stir to incorporate.
- Fill the muffin top indentation to almost full with the batter.
- Gently tap the pan on the countertop to even out the batter.
- Bake until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick or a cake tester inserted comes out clean, about 13 minutes (muffins = 20, mini muffins = 15 minutes).
- Transfer the pan to a wire rack to cool for 5 minutes; then carefully remove the muffin tops from the pan and set them on the rack to cool.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Amazing! Made mini muffins - followed recipe except substituted applesauce (1 GoGo Squeeze Apple Strawberry (on accident :)) for the oil in an effort to make a more healthy version for my kids. Also only baked mini's for 10 minutes. Turned out perfectly!
Delicious! Very moist, I got 24 x mini muffins. Cooked for 20 minutes at 180 as my oven tends to get a little too hot, but they came out perfectly! I inadvertantly added too much vanilla, but can't notice it!!
Oh so good!!! I made these exactly as listed and it made 12 perfect muffins in exactly 20 minutes. They are moist and absolutely delicious. I guess my boys got into the chocolate chips because I only had about 20 to use and walnuts would definitely be great in these too! Made for Went to the Market tag. Thanks Galley Wench! :)