Prep 6 mins
Cook 16 mins
this recipe comes from the june 2013 food network magazine!
Make and share this Banana Muffin Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- make the custard: bring the milk to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- wick the egg yolks, cornstarch, sugar & salt in a large bowl.
- graduallyy pour the hot milk into the egg mixture, wisking constantently.
- pour the mixture back into the saucepan and cook constantly, until thick & bubbling, about 3 minuites.
- strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl, pressing the custard through with a rubber spatula.
- stir into the mixture the butter & vanilla until smooth.
- set aside 1-2 muffin slices for crumbling on top of the pudding.
- in 6 wide jars or a 2-quart souffle dish, layer the muffen slices,bananas & custard; crumble the reserved muffin slices on top.
- cover & refridgerate 2-4 hours before serving.