Prep 6 mins
Cook 16 mins
this recipe comes from the june 2013 food network magazine!
- 3 cups whole milk
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large bananas, nut muffins cut into 3/4 inch slices
- 2 bananas, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- make the custard: bring the milk to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- wick the egg yolks, cornstarch, sugar & salt in a large bowl.
- graduallyy pour the hot milk into the egg mixture, wisking constantently.
- pour the mixture back into the saucepan and cook constantly, until thick & bubbling, about 3 minuites.
- strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl, pressing the custard through with a rubber spatula.
- stir into the mixture the butter & vanilla until smooth.
- set aside 1-2 muffin slices for crumbling on top of the pudding.
- in 6 wide jars or a 2-quart souffle dish, layer the muffen slices,bananas & custard; crumble the reserved muffin slices on top.
- cover & refridgerate 2-4 hours before serving.