1/1 Photo of Banana Muesli Muffins
These muffins are not too sweet and are filled with whole grains. The museli, sucanat sugar, and flax seeds help to lower the glycemic index. As with almost all baked goods, these muffins do not have a low glycemic load, so enjoy them in moderation. For the museli, I like to use Bob's Red Mill. You can substitute the muesli with granola, but it will increase the fat and calories. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 bananas, very ripe & mashed
- 2/3 cup safflower oil
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar (sucanat or raw)
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup unbleached white flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 banana, very ripe & coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup muesli (homemade or store bought)
- 1/3 cup flax seed
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (340 degrees F if using a dark, nonstick muffin tin).
- 2In a large bowl, mix together all the wet ingredients (1 1/2 mashed banana, safflower oil, eggs, sugar, milk, and vanilla).
- 3In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients (whole wheat flour, white flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda).
- 4Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients, mixing only until just combined. DO NOT OVERMIX!
- 5Gently fold in the chopped banana, 2/3 cup muesli, and flax seeds.
- 6Line a standard 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners. Spoon the batter evenly into the cups (it should be about even with the tops of the cups).
- 7Top the muffins with the broken banana chips and remaining 2 tablespoons of muesli.
- 8Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the tops are lightly golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Muesli Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.2
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 35.7 mg
- Sodium 177.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 16.0 g
- Protein 5.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: