Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Not sure if this is from Care 2's Home Channel, or possibly Delicious Living. Another banana facial mask recipe states that it is for dry skin. They don't differentiate in this recipe. So just be forewarned. I have oily skin and haven't tried it yet. Use the lemon juice if the mask won't be used immediately.
- 1 banana, just ripe
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon wheat germ oil
- 1 tablespoon finely powdered oats
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
- essential oil (1 drop rose and 1 drop Melissa) (optional)
- Peel and mash banana.
- Add honey, egg yolk, wheat germ oil, oats, and lemon juice, if used, and mash further to form a smooth, creamy paste.
- If mask is too thick, add a bit of distilled water, and stir until smooth.
- Add essential oils last, and stir to mix well.
- To use, apply to clean face and neck, avoiding eye and mouth areas.
- Rest for 10 minutes, or longer if your skin is very dry.
- Rinse with warm water, and follow with toner and moisturizer, if desired.
- Use mask within a few hours of making.