Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 banana, cut into bite size pieces and put in the freezer for 4 hours or overnight
- 1 cup vanilla-flavored soymilk, enough to cover the bananas in a blender
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2-1 packet Equal sugar substitute, or sweetener of your choice (optional)
- Take the frozen banana pieces and put them into a blender.
- Pour in enough milk to cover them.
- Add the cinnamon, vanilla and sweetener.
- Blend on low for approx.
- 1 minute or until everything is blended.
- The cinnamon and vanilla can be adjusted to your individual taste.
- The shake comes out just like a milkshake and is a very tasty alternative to the real thing!
It was delicious. Such a clever idea using Soy Milk as an alternative. I added a couple frozen strawberries for the color. The banana shake was sweet enough therefore I omitted the sweetener. It is an easy and delicious way to fill your daily fruit intake requirement. Thank you for sharing your recipe.
Yum! I don't like the consistency of soy milk, but the banana goo hides it! I didn't add the sugar either. I was tempted to add more cinnamon as I've found that most recipes don't use enough, but the 2 tsps is enough even for a cinnamonaholic.
Yum! I omitted the vanilla because the soymilk was vanilla-y enough for me, and the sweetener because the bananas were nice and sweet, and this shake was fruity and delicious!! I'll definitely be using this recipe again on hot summer days! Thanks Dancer^!