Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is inspired by the Yamani brand banana milk found in Yemen, but it is a homemade version, so it is even healtheir and more tasty. This is a great snack for kids and a healthy alternative to chocolatee milk. You can add as much sugar as you like or leave it out completely if you like.
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk (I use almond milk)
- sugar (about 1 tbsp. of white sugar or sugar of choice)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional) or 1⁄4 tsp.almond extract (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Test the sugar to see if it is to your liking.
- Serve it immediately otherwise the bananas will turn brown.
Really tasty and easy. I froze the bananas the day before, so when I blended everything together the drink had the texture of milkshake. Just as good, but healthier! I used about 3 tablespoons of brown sugar, as my bananas were not very ripe. I will probably make this again.
Very fast, easy & delicious! Bananas are quite filling & 1 16oz glass filled me up. I used 2 skimpy TBs boring white sugar & a small splash of my diminishing supply of vanilla extract. I didn't use almond in case dd wanted some. A great idea for a busy morning! Made for A Culinary Tour of Yemen in the NA/ME Forum 2/14.
This was very good. I made with one frozen banana, and used vanilla soy milk. Delicious breakfast smoothie. Thanks for sharing.