Recipe by Elmotoo
A kosher dessert for the Zaar World Tour '05.
Top Review by Lalaloula
This was a nice yummy dessert, that was enjoyed in our family! The banana custard filling was awesome! It was sweet, thick and pure bananalicious! :) Loved it and will make this again often filling all sorts of things. lol
I made my own graham crackers using Recipe #430121, which worked out very nicely.
I, too, wish I had baked the meringue in a circle on the baking sheet as it somehow never crisped up completely. It stayed a bit soggy in the middle despite being brown and crusty on the outside. Ah well, next time...
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing a keeper with us, Elmotoo!
Made and reviewed for our VIP Veggie Swap #36 July 2011.
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 ounces instant vanilla pudding
- 3 cups skim milk
- 2 large bananas
- 8 graham cracker squares, Ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Farenheit.
- In large bowl, beat egg whites until slightly stiff. Gradually add sugar and cream of tartar and continue to beat. Add vanilla and salt and continue beating until whites stand in stiff peaks. Spray 9 x 9- inch glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Spread meringue over entire bottom and sides of dish to form a crust. Bake in 300 degrees Fahrenheit oven for 45 minutes. Remove and cool.
- After crust has cooled, prepare pudding mix according to package directions and fold in sliced bananas. Pour pudding mixture into crust and sprinkle ground graham crackers on top. Chill and serve.