Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Sound a little strange? Try it! A good way to use all those ripe bananas! A good gift.
- Peel and slice the bananas into rounds.
- cut out any dark spots.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large kettle.
- Cook over low heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Cook, stirring frequently to prevent sticking, for about 15 mins.
- or until the mixture is of desired consistency.
- Pour into sterilized jars and seal.
- Store banana marmalade in a cool place.
I made this stuff and it was good. I have been buying banana marmalade from a company called Flagstaff Treat Company. They sell their stuff through etsy.com. Their banana marmalade tastes a little better than this one. I wish I could replicate it exactly. I like this recipe, but I have to recommend Flagstaff Treat Company's "Intense Banana" to anyone who is looking for a really amazing banana jam.
So delicious! I actually look forward to having ripe bananas. cookiedog is right, the color is really lovely. I am thinking it would make a great filling for a layer cake as well.
Love, Love, Love this!It is such a pretty yellow color. I ate it on crackers and biscuits. It would be good on scones or ice-cream too! Thanks Sharon!