Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
She's so smart. Another wonderful Rose Reisman dessert.
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 ripe small bananas (about 2/3 cup, mashed)
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Spray a 9-inch square baking dish with vegetable spray.
- In a bowl, stir together the flours, 1 ¼ cups Splenda, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a food processor, combine the bananas, yogurt, eggs, oil and vanilla.
- Purée the mixture until smooth.
- Pour it over the dry ingredients and stir with a wooden.
- spoon until everything is combined.
- Set aside ½ cup of the batter. Pour the.
- remaining batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Stir the 3 Tbsp Splenda, the cocoa and water into the reserved batter just untilcombined.
- Drop the mixture by spoonfuls over top the cake batter. Using a butter knife, swirl the dark batter into the light batter. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until a tester inserted in themiddle comes out clean.
- Let the pan cool on a wire rack.