Recipe by appleydapply
These are delicious with macadamia nuts, but are also very good with the more traditional pecans or walnuts. This recipe is less sweet than some muffin recipes - which I think makes them perfect for breakfast. Try them plain, or cut in half and toast in a toaster oven with butter.
Top Review by WandaNob
Mmm! These are so good! I was looking for a banana nut muffin recipe using whole wheat flour and this one hit the spot. I used pecans and canola oil (that's what I had on hand) and added a dash of vanilla extract for flavor. I also cut the oil in half (1/4 cup) and sprinkled some oats on top. They came out great!
- 1 cup mashed banana (2 to 3 medium)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup chopped macadamia nuts (or walnuts or pecans)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup white flour
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400. Grease muffin cups, or line with paper baking cups.
- Beat mashed banana, oil, milk, nuts, and egg with a spoon in a medium bowl.
- Stir in remaining ingredients just until moistened (batter will be lumpy, so don't be tempted to overbeat).
- Spoon batter into muffin pan.
- Bake about 20 minutes at 400, just until golden brown. Immediately remove from cups.