Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are really very special muffins - super moist and full of flavor. You can substitute your preference and use different nuts instead of the macadamias. Original recipe is from Epicurious, but I tweeked it a bit.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 cups mashed bananas (about 3 large)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup unsalted macadamia nuts, toasted and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease or place cupcake liner papers in 12 muffin cups.
- Sift first 4 ingredients into a large bowl.
- Combine bananas, both sugars, butter, milk, egg and vanilla in a medium bowl.
- Mix into dry ingredients, then fold in half of nuts.
- Divide batter among prepared muffin cups and and sprinkle tops with remaining macadamia nuts.
- Bake until muffins are golden brown and tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
- Transfer muffins to wire rack and let cool.
Delicious muffins and the aroma while they are cooking is worth 5 stars too. Now I have a go-to recipe when I have bananas on hand that need to be used up. Almost makes me not want to eat my bananas so I will have an excuse to make these wonderfully moist and crunchy muffins. Thanks for posting this recipe.
This recipe is truly a WINNER!!! The muffins are really moist and delicious. The only change that I made was I used Sour Cream instead of milk. They are so light, they just melt in your mouth. I also added a cup of chocolate chips to them. Thanks for a fabulous recipe!!!!
LOVE these muffins - they are delicious! I did add some mini chocolate chips as we love the flavor of chocolate with banana. Otherwise, I followed the recipe exactly - yummy! The macadamia nuts add such a yummy flavor, I never would have thought to use them in muffins!