Recipe by **Mandy**
This recipe was in the book that came with my bread-maker, lovely served with cream cheese and a large mug of coffee!
Top Review by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
Definitely not your traditional banana bread as it is chewy like a yeast bread. The slight sweetness and the texture reminded me of Boston Brown Bread. It *is* very good with cream cheese. The only change I made was to use walnuts instead of macadamia nuts.
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons dry yeast
- 3 1⁄4 cups plain flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 medium bananas, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Add all ingredients (except macadamias) to your bread-maker in the order as per your instruction manual.
- Select sweet bread option & crust light and large loaf setting, press start.
- When your machine is ready for add-ins (mine beeps) add the macadamias.