Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A taste of the tropics!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 2⁄3 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- Heat oven to 350°F Combine all ingredients except bananas, orange juice, coconut and nuts in large bowl. Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed.
- Add bananas and orange juice. Continue beating, scraping bowl often, until well mixed. Stir in coconut and nuts by hand. Batter will be thick.
- Spread into a greased 9x5-inch loaf pan. Bake for 60 to 65 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes and remove from pan. Cool completely.