Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A Tropical Hawaiian Treat! Lots of yummy nuts in this banana quick bread.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups mashed bananas
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Grease and flour a loaf pan.
- In a bowl, mix butter and sugar until creamy.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Blend dry ingredients with creamed butter/sugar mixture.
- Add mashed bananas, eggs and nuts.
- Pour into loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour or until a knife comes out clean.
OMG, this is so amazingly lovely to eat. I just took it out of the oven and had some while it was steamy, and I'm sure glad I did. If it's even better tomorrow, I'm going to declare this the best thing I ever baked.
This was a great tasting bread, tho I should have baked for a little longer. I did add about 5 minutes to the 1 hour bake time, and 15 minutes would probably have been right. I love banana and macadamia nut ANYTHING, and this fits the bill. I'll keep it close, for when the pang of needing a nut bread strikes! Thanks for sharing, Rita~.
This couldn't be easier and it's SO DECADENT. I could eat this every day, and the flavors take me back to my honeymoon in Maui. Thanks so much for posting! One tip - using your hands, break apart any hard lumps in the brown sugar before mixing with the butter. Otherwise you'll have lumps of it in your bread.