Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A delicious twist on an old favorite. I love these!
Make and share this Banana Macadamia Madeleines recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Place banana in a food processor; process until smooth.
- Add butter, rum, vanilla, and egg white and eggs; process until blended.
- Combine 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons powdered sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl, and add to food processor.
- Pulse 2 to 3 times or until combined.
- Add nuts; pulse 2 times or until well-blended.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon batter into each of 12 madeleine molds coated with baking spray.
- Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until puffy.
- Remove from pan immediately; let cool on a wire rack.
- Repeat procedure with remaining batter.
- Sift 2 tablespoons powdered sugar over madeleines.
These basically taste like banana bread with macademia nuts. They look nice and taste good. I used 4 egg whites instead of the 1 egg white+2 eggs. I served these along with a tripical fruit salad for desert at a luau.