Recipe by Studentchef
I found this on Aish.com. They were offerring an assortment of Asian recipes for Chanukkah, and this dessert influenced by Filipino cuisine piqued my interest. This recipe makes 16 lumpia.
Top Review by kehausantiago
SUPER EASY!!!! I definitely recommend a metal strainer and slowly lowering the lumpia into the oil, mostly to make sure it fries's itself shut. I made them with apple bananas... So good!
- 16 spring roll wrappers
- 4 whole bananas, cut into quarters lengthwise
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- canola oil, for deep-frying
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and coat bananas with the mixture.
- Take 1 spring roll wrapper and place 1 banana strip on bottom â…“ of wrapper. Fold in left and right side and roll up from bottom.
- Deep-fry on each side until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and serve while still warm.