The Guy's Note:
I have been ordering these Banana Lumpia at various Filipino restaurants for a few years now and have never tried to make my own. These are very easy to make and are a great snack or dessert.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fill frying pan with vegetable oil (about a quarter inch high or about half a banana high) and begin to heat on Medium heat.
- 2Separate 8 Filipino Lumpia Wrappers and set on wax paper.
- 3Put one baby banana (or half of a regular banana) on the corner of the Lumpia Wrapper. Begin to roll the wrapper around the banana, half way through folding the sides inches To keep the wrapper closed add a small amount of water with your finger to the end of the wrapper.
- 4When all the Lumpia are wrapped place in heated up oil and fry on each side until golden brown, approximately 2-4 minutes per side.
- 5Let oil drip off Lumpia when taken out of oil and place on plate with paper towel to soak up additional oil.
- 6While still hot, sprinkle sugar on the Lumpia (you can replace this with chocolate or carmel depending on your taste and availability).
- 7They are now ready to enjoy.
- 8Note: You can freeze any unwanted lumpia for later use.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Lumpia
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 198.1
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 2.8 mg
- Sodium 184.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 14.4 g
- Protein 4.4 g