Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I have been ordering these Banana Lumpia at various Filipino restaurants for a few years now and have never tried to make my own. These are very easy to make and are a great snack or dessert.
- Fill frying pan with vegetable oil (about a quarter inch high or about half a banana high) and begin to heat on Medium heat.
- Separate 8 Filipino Lumpia Wrappers and set on wax paper.
- Put one baby banana (or half of a regular banana) on the corner of the Lumpia Wrapper. Begin to roll the wrapper around the banana, half way through folding the sides inches To keep the wrapper closed add a small amount of water with your finger to the end of the wrapper.
- When all the Lumpia are wrapped place in heated up oil and fry on each side until golden brown, approximately 2-4 minutes per side.
- Let oil drip off Lumpia when taken out of oil and place on plate with paper towel to soak up additional oil.
- While still hot, sprinkle sugar on the Lumpia (you can replace this with chocolate or carmel depending on your taste and availability).
- They are now ready to enjoy.
- Note: You can freeze any unwanted lumpia for later use.