Recipe by CountryLady
The addition of chopped chocolate toffee bars makes this banana loaf different from the rest! Its another recipe from Bonnie Stern, owner of a well established cooking school in Toronto.
Top Review by HeatherFeather
Oh my Goodness but this is one fabulous banana bread! The toffee bits in this really make it special. It is downright addictive - I couldn't even wait for it to cool before stabbing in a butter knife and scooping out a hunk of this delicious bread.
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 4)
- 1⁄4 cup yoghurt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped chocolate chocolate-covered english toffee bar (Skor bars)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine banana with yoghurt in a small bowl.
- Cream butter& sugar in another bowl; add eggs& vanilla.
- Sift flour with baking soda in a third bowl.
- Add flour mixture& bananas to butter batter alternatively in about 3 additions, beginning& ending with flour.
- Stir in chocolate toffee bits.
- Spoon batter into a buttered 9x5 inch loaf pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 55- 60 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.