Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
The addition of chopped chocolate toffee bars makes this banana loaf different from the rest! Its another recipe from Bonnie Stern, owner of a well established cooking school in Toronto.
- Combine banana with yoghurt in a small bowl.
- Cream butter& sugar in another bowl; add eggs& vanilla.
- Sift flour with baking soda in a third bowl.
- Add flour mixture& bananas to butter batter alternatively in about 3 additions, beginning& ending with flour.
- Stir in chocolate toffee bits.
- Spoon batter into a buttered 9x5 inch loaf pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 55- 60 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
Oh my Goodness but this is one fabulous banana bread! The toffee bits in this really make it special. It is downright addictive - I couldn't even wait for it to cool before stabbing in a butter knife and scooping out a hunk of this delicious bread.
Super yummy, easy, and delicious! I had a ton of black/ripe bananas and a house full of boys who refuse to eat banana bread. Called this Heath bar bread and they gobbled it down! Used sour cream cause I was out of yogurt, and my toffee chips were the toffee only kind (no chocolate), so I used 3/4 cup toffee chips and 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Oh My Goodness!!This recipe is just absolutely devine!!sooo delicious, it was gone immediately after it came out of the oven!I didn't have any toffee bits so i used semi-sweet choc chips, and i didnt have yoghurt as well so i used some sour cream, but it still turned out soo moist and just absolutely delicious. Thanks for a recipe that i'll definitely make over and over again.