Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is an easy banana loaf recipe. It freezes well too.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 1⁄4 cups mashed medium bananas
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease bottom only of a 9x5x3 in loaf pan.
- Mix milk and vinegar together and set aside.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Then add the milk-vinegar mixture and beat well.
- Add oil, bananas, and egg and beat for 30 seconds.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean (approximately 55-60 minutes).
- Loosen from pan and remove.
- Place on wire rack to cool completely before slicing.
Lovely simple loaf. I used SR flour, and mine rose beautifully. Found when I was mixing ingrediants I was out of oil, so used butter this time, hasn't been detrimental. Will try with oil next to see if it's different (or maybe stick with the butter as it's turned out so well!) Thankyou!
A found this loaf didn't rise or cook through...is this recipe missing something...like baking powder or soda?