Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Good as a marinade for grilled shrimp, fish, and chicken!
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 dashes Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 1 teaspoon chopped green onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey, to taste
- Make sure your bananas are ripe for this marinade.
- Green bananas won't work well at all.
- Peel bananas and put into the food processor, puree until smooth.
- Add the mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard, lime juice, tabasco, garlic, and green onion, and continue blending until thoroughly mixed.
- Transfer to a small bowl add honey, salt and pepper to taste and refrigerate until ready to use as marinade.
- You can make this up to eight hours in advance.
- Keep it tightly covered in the refrigerator.
- Good as a marinade for grilled shrimp, fish, and chicken!