Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Growing up, my great grandma would make this every weekend while i was there...now that she has passed, i still make it often and remember the good times we have shared...the ingrediants in this recipe are simple...and somewhat weird, but overall the taste is YUMMY...hope you enjoy!
- 4 cups chopped lettuce
- 1⁄4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup milk (YOU MAY USE MORE IF NEEDED FOR THINNING)
- 2 -3 teaspoons sugar (USE MORE OR LESS FOR YOUR TASTE)
- 2 -3 bananas, halved and sliced
- Combine chopped lettuce and sliced bananas in a large bowl.
- in another bowl combine mayo, miracle whip, milk and sugar, using whisk to get out any lumps.
- NOTE: MIXTURE WILL THICKEN UPON MIXING BUT WILL COAT NICELY.
- combine mayo mixture to lettuce mixture and toss to coat-- serve and enjoy!
This is a salad that my grandma used to always make. Except we don't use apples or mayo just Miracle Whip. Thanks for posting it I haven't thought about in along time.
This was just a taste of childhood heaven to me. I love banana salads. This one was delicious and we almost didn't need dessert.... Almost :-) Thanks for posting!
This was OK. I love bananas, and that part was nice, but just nothing special.