Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I thought this sounded a little bizzare-o but the taste was pleasing to me. Something for the more adventurous to try out.
- 1 medium ripe banana, peeled and quartered
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice (chilled)
- 1⁄3 cup chilled water
- 3 -4 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 3 ice cubes
- 1 slice lemon
- Add the first 4 ingredients to the container of an electric blender.
- Cover and process on high speed until mixture is smooth.
- Pour into chilled glass; add ice cubes (as many as you want or will fit into your glass) Garnish with lemon slice.
- Alternative: Banana Limeade--substitute fresh lime juice for lemon juice; garnish with a lime slice.
I loved this lemonade! At night, add a little rum or creme de banane!
This could be made easily with double the water as it is very sweet. So don't be surprised if you find yourself adding water. Very nice and a different kind of flavour.
I made this today because I needed to use up some ripe bananas. This was very interesting and tasty. Never thought lemon & banana would go well together but they do. Thanks for another winner Di!