Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
A lemony twist to traditional banana bread.
Make and share this Banana-Lemon Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 2 medium bananas, extra ripe
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon, rind of
For Lemon Syrup
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Puree bananas in blender or food processor.
- Combine with butter.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In bowl, beat egg, sugar and lemon peel.
- Beat in banana mixture.
- Beat in flour mixture.
- Turn batter into 9 x 5-inch loaf pan coated with vegetable spray.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 35 minutes.
- Cool in pan.
- Meanwhile, in small pan stir together lemon juice and sugar over medium heat until sugar melts.
- Poke holes in bread with skewer.
- Pour syrup over top.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan.
- Slice when completely cooled.
Very tasty! It is a dense bread, which is my favorite. The lemon/banana combo is nice and neither is overwhelming. Good recipe for sure. Thank you for sharing!!
This was a pretty good banana/lemon bread recipe. The dough for this recipe was very thick, different than what I am used too. It still tasted great, despite my concerned at first. I left out the syrup, only because I was out of lemon juice. The loaf wasn't very sweet however it saticified me. Next time, I will be sure to try it! All in all this was a great recipe for me! Thanks for it Sharlene~W!
This is a very tasty bread. Will make again.