Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
Adapted from a blender cookbook. I have a 3hp blender so it makes this wonderfully smooth and velvety.
- 1 banana
- 2 leaves kale (removed from stem)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free hazelnut-flavored nondairy liquid coffee creamer
- 1⁄8 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 cups ice
- Make sure you remove the kale leaf from the central stem.
- Place all ingredients in blender. Blend till smooth.
- I love coconut and hazelnut so I used those two flavors. Using the Christmas pumpkin spice creamer and vanilla extract is an awesome variation as well. Another is fat-free half & half with blueberry syrup and vanilla extract.
- The flavors don't match the color, this smoothie is bright green.
- Makes one huge meal-sized smoothie or two smaller ones.
I juiced kale before but never thought about blending it. It turned out really really good! Definitely a keeper. Will try to use milk or coconut milk instead of creamer next time.
Really enjoyed this! Definitely the best way to have kale for breakfast. Used vanilla soy milk rather than coffee creamer, and added a bit more to thin the mixture. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Tastes good! I changed this recipe a bit, using more yogurt, 1 tbsp. coconut flakes instead of the extract, and no creamer. I added about 1 tsp. of honey. Thanks for the great idea.