1/2 Photos of Banana Jam
Chef GreanEyes's Note:
I was trying to find a recipe for banana jelly and didn't... so i went on mama'shealth.com and found this one!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine bananas, lemon juice and 3 cups sugar in a pan and let stand 1 hour.
- 2After 1 hr, add remaining sugar and place pan over medium-high heat; stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved.
- 3Bring mix to a boil for two minutes.
- 4Remove pan from flame and skim off any foam.
- 5Place pan over heat again for 1 minute.
- 7Again, remove and skim off foam.
- 8Add butter and bring mix to a boil again.
- 9Add pectin and stir constantly.
- 10Boil 1 minute.
- 11Skim off foam.
- 12Allow jam to cool for 7 min before adding to canning jars.
- 13Wipe jar edges with a clean cloth, place lids and screw on bands fingertip-tight.
- 14Close jars and process in a boiling water bath for 10 min to create seal.
- 15Remove from water and place on a cloth-protected counter to cool undisturbed for 24 hours.
- 16Check for seal; re-process unsealed jars or refrigerate and use first.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Jam
Serving Size: 1 (215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 669.9
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 36.6 mg
- Sodium 20.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 142.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 127.3 g
- Protein 0.8 g