Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I was trying to find a recipe for banana jelly and didn't... so i went on mama'shealth.com and found this one!
- 4 cups bananas, peeled and ripe
- 6 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 ounces pectin
- 6 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- Combine bananas, lemon juice and 3 cups sugar in a pan and let stand 1 hour.
- After 1 hr, add remaining sugar and place pan over medium-high heat; stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved.
- Bring mix to a boil for two minutes.
- Remove pan from flame and skim off any foam.
- Place pan over heat again for 1 minute.
- Again, remove and skim off foam.
- Add butter and bring mix to a boil again.
- Add pectin and stir constantly.
- Boil 1 minute.
- Skim off foam.
- Allow jam to cool for 7 min before adding to canning jars.
- Wipe jar edges with a clean cloth, place lids and screw on bands fingertip-tight.
- Close jars and process in a boiling water bath for 10 min to create seal.
- Remove from water and place on a cloth-protected counter to cool undisturbed for 24 hours.
- Check for seal; re-process unsealed jars or refrigerate and use first.
I mashed the bananas before putting them in the pan. This recipe made some seriosly good jam. Can't wait until the Grandkids taste this!! Will be great on toast with peanut butter. Thanks for such a tasty recipe!! Also it took about 10 ripe bananas to get the four cups.
Great recipe. I sliced the bananas and used about 8 large bananas to get the 4 cups. It jelled perfectly and has a great flavor. It is sure to be a hit. Thanks for posting.
I like it, my husband said he would spead it on his toast.