Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Try this tropical jam warm over pancakes and waffles or spread on bread when it's cool.
- 4 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Heat to a boiling in a saucepan and simmer slowly, till mixture is thickened.
- Serve warm over pancakes or cool and serve as a jam.
Great recipe! Tasty and simple enough for someone new to canning (i.e. me).
Simple and easy. I made some sub par banana bread and this made it perfect. Not too sweet and quick to make. Thanks. 4 cups of bananas was 12 bananas for me.
taste and calories just right . great jam.