Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a Thai recipe creamy and not too sweet, with all the healthy benefits of bananas, so rich in bone-building phosphorus and calcium, heart-healthy potassium, vitamins A and B6. Great for those leg cramps!
- 5 bananas, Cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cups coconut milk, Low fat is fine
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1⁄4 cup toasted coconut
- 1 mango, peeled pitted and cubed (optional)
- In a saucepan, heat the coconut milk with the cinnamon, sugar and salt, and cook gently until the sugar has dissolved. Add the banana pieces and cook gently for 5 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon and discard.
- Divide the mixture into 6-8 small bowls and serve warm.
I halved the recipe and ate some for lunch today. Well kind of halved it. I used three bananas, and I also reduced the amount of sugar. I used only one tablespoon for half the ingredients. (A simple taste preference; Australians generally don’t eat food as sweet as Americans do). I had some mango left over from when I made Paula G’s Mango Shake Mango Shake a few days ago, so I had mine with mango, topped with a spoon of yogurt. Sheer decadence! As if it needed to be any creamier! Just SO yummy. This recipe is one I know I will be making often because it is SO quick to make and oh SO delicious! I look forward to making it again, and to sharing it with others. Thanks, Rita, for another fabulous recipe!
Yum, this is so good! I am already a fan of banana coconut milk combo, so this was a fun variation! I enjoyed the addition of toasted coconut and did include mango, which added a nice bright flavor. Thanks for sharing! Veggie Swap 55
Yummy comforting. I made ours with pasteurised honey hoping that is healthier than using sugar. My coconut milk was just a regular one from the grocery store. I used less sea salt and the cinnamon stick was cassia bark actually (the cheap stuff passed off as cinnamon here). I toasted the dried shredded coconut in a dry pan. I might make this again!!