Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I wanted ice cream one night but my ice cream maker was broken and this is what I came up with.
Make and share this Banana Ice Cream Without an Ice Cream Maker recipe from Food.com.
- 2 ripe mashed bananas
- 3⁄4 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (bananas provide some sweetness)
- 1⁄3 cup regular yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
- Put bananas in bowl and add lemon juice (this prevents the bananas from getting brown).
- Add sugar and mix.
- Add milk and yogurt and mix.
- Freeze until solid.
- Defrost mixture just enough to where you can get it out of the bowl and break it into pieces.
- Put the pieces in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Mixture should come out like soft serve.
- You can not store this ice cream.
I made this the last night, and i processed it today. I was surprized that you can make icecream without cream. This was really good. Wen I processed it i added some more yogurt to loosen it up.
My son made this when he wanted ice cream. He was so proud of himself! I think he over defrosted this the next day. As it came out like a milk shake. But that was still find, as it tasted good.
This was a very simple and delightful treat.