Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Originally from "1001 Cookie Recipes".
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 5 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 3 cups light cream, divided
- 5 large bananas
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups heavy cream
- In top of double boiler, stir together sugar, salt, slightly beaten egg yolks and 2 cups of light cream.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until mixture coats a spoon.
- Peel and mash bananas and combine with lemon juice.
- Add heavy cream, remaining light cream, and bananas to the cooled egg yolk mixture.