Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a rich creamy ice cream, from the essetti.com website. Use very ripe bananas and only fresh lemon juice - not bottled. Preparation time is estimated, depends on your ice cream freezer.
- Peel bananas, break into chunks and process with the lemon juice in food processor until smooth.
- Stir in the simple syrup and heavy cream.
- If your simple syrup was not chilled, chill entire mixture in refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Freeze according to ice cream freezer manufacturer's instructions.
- This will be a soft ice cream straight from the ice cream maker. It can be frozen to firm up, but use within a day or two for the best flavor.
So easy and delicious. I used 4 large very ripe bananas and Simple Syrup for the syrup. About 1/2 cup chopped pecans was added as the ice cream began to freeze. This was used to make ice cream sandwiches which were made with Slice and Bake Peanut Butter Cookies. Nothing like peanut butter, banana and nuts. Thanks for a great recipe that I am sure to make again.
I was skeptical when my dad requested banana ice cream, but this stuff is amazing. The texture of this ice cream is fantastic. Thank you for sharing this recipe.
I made this for the holiday weekend and served it with Strawberry Cream Cake. I, too, used the simple syrup that PaulaG did. It was fantastic! I plated the ice cream along side the cake and drizzled chocolate over the top. It was like a banana split on a plate. I will make this again for Fathers Day. Thank you for such a fun recipe. (Made for PRMR)