Aunty Dotty's Note:
David Herbert's recipe, makes about 10 beautiful fluffy hotcakes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1PECAN BUTTER;.
- 2Beat butter and honey together until smooth, stir in pecans then chill until needed.
- 4Sift the flour, baking powder and half a teaspoon of salt into a bowl.
- 5Make a well in the centre.
- 6Whisk together the milk, egg, butter and lemon juice and pour into the well.
- 7Add the mashed banana then whisk until combined.
- 8Some lumps are fine, and batter should be just slightly thicker than pouring cream. Add more milk if needed to get it to this consistency.
- 9Let the batter rest for 10 minutes.
- 10Heat a good frypan over medium heat with a light greasing of butter.
- 11Ladle batter ( approx 1/4 cupfuls) into pan and cook until top bubbles and base lightly browned.
- 12Flip and cook a further 45-60 seconds.
- 13Keep warm in a low oven while you repeat process with remaining batter.
- 14Serve the hotcakes with a drizzle of maple syrup, and a splodge of pecan butter.
- 15Also goes beautifully with good yoghurt and slivered almonds.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Hotcakes With Pecan Honey Butter
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1311.2
- Calories from Fat 757
- Total Fat 84.2 g
- Saturated Fat 45.0 g
- Cholesterol 277.8 mg
- Sodium 838.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 131.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 62.9 g
- Protein 17.3 g