Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
David Herbert's recipe, makes about 10 beautiful fluffy hotcakes
Make and share this Banana Hotcakes With Pecan Honey Butter recipe from Food.com.
- PECAN BUTTER;.
- Beat butter and honey together until smooth, stir in pecans then chill until needed.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and half a teaspoon of salt into a bowl.
- Make a well in the centre.
- Whisk together the milk, egg, butter and lemon juice and pour into the well.
- Add the mashed banana then whisk until combined.
- Some lumps are fine, and batter should be just slightly thicker than pouring cream. Add more milk if needed to get it to this consistency.
- Let the batter rest for 10 minutes.
- Heat a good frypan over medium heat with a light greasing of butter.
- Ladle batter ( approx 1/4 cupfuls) into pan and cook until top bubbles and base lightly browned.
- Flip and cook a further 45-60 seconds.
- Keep warm in a low oven while you repeat process with remaining batter.
- Serve the hotcakes with a drizzle of maple syrup, and a splodge of pecan butter.
- Also goes beautifully with good yoghurt and slivered almonds.