Recipe by bananapan_cake
This smoothie is full of goodness....no; greatness! It has the super high anti-oxidant value of blueberries, the sweetness of honey, added fibre of Benefibe and the classic flavour of bananas. Great for a morning snack, or anytime when you need that little something to keep you going between meals. I came up with this particular combination of ingredients while looking through the fruit bowl and the fridge for a snack, threw it together and it turned out beautifully! I'm sure it's been thought of before...this is my own recipe thought up at the spur of the moment in my kitchen.
Top Review by A. Deume
Very simple--lovely lavender color! I agree that none of the flavors are overpowering; rather, they complement each other nicely. I used soy milk and regular honey--both worked well. Thanks for posting this.
- 1 banana (large)
- 60 g blueberries (half punnet approx)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon creamed honey (raw if you can get it)
- 1 cup low-fat milk (try high calcium kind)
Directions See How It's Made
- Add broken up banana, blueberries and cup of milk to your mixer/blender.
- Blend very well, the mixture will go a nice lavendar colour. Add some Benefibe or your choice of fibre powder, and honey; the honey I used was "raw" or unprocessed honey straight from a local apiarist/bee keeper, and is not runny like shop bought liquid honey and has a nicer, less syrupy flavour, almost creamy in nature. Blend again very well, ensuring the honey has fully dispersed through the mix.
- As there is banana involved, the smoothie will start going slighty darker, or brownish if not consumed right away, so is best if you only make what you are going to drink immediately, or it wont look as appetising later.
- I shared some with my little boy, what better way to get some fibre into your kids?