Prep 1 hr
Cook 6 mins
A truly sublime flavour combination.
Make and share this Banana, Honey and Walnut Ice Cream recipe from Food.com.
- Combine milk and honey in medium saucepan.
- Bring almost to simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Beat yolks until pale yellow.
- Gradually beat in hot milk.
- Set bowl into a larger bowl filled with ice (or cover with plastic wrap directly on the surface of the custard and chill overnight).
- Cool custard completely, stirring occasionally.
- Fold in whipped cream and bananas.
- Process according to ice cream makers manufacturers instructions, until half set.
- Add walnuts and process until set.
- Let ripen in freezer several hours before serving.
This is a refreshingly different ice cream! The flavors all mix together very well, and the walnuts give it a nice crunchy texture. I made this using soymilk in place of the milk, and evaporated soymilk in place of the whipping cream, and it still came out nice and creamy. I thought the honey flavor was overpowering, however, and plan to reduce it to 3/4 cup next time I make this. Other than that, it was perfect! Thanks for a nice Summer treat, evelyn!