Adapted from a favorite banana bread recipe, this banana bread recipe uses less butter, no sugar, and has lots of fiber. It tastes delicious too! It can be made into a bread loaf or muffins. If you don't have one of the ingredients you can supplement a little more of another similar one (i.e. oat bran for ground flax seed, or walnuts for another type of nuts).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Using a stand mixer, or hand mixer, cream butter and applesauce together.
- 3Add eggs, bananas, honey, and vanilla and mix well.
- 4Add flour, flax, oat bran, oats, baking soda, salt, and mix well.
- 5Fold in the raisins, coconut, and walnuts.
- 6Add mix to either greased muffin cups or a greased loaf pan.
- 7Bake at 350 degrees - muffins take about 25 minutes, and a loaf takes about 60 minutes.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Health Nut Bread/Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.7
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 30.8 mg
- Sodium 190.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 4.8 g