Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Healthy, tasty and suitable for coeliacs, those with lactose intolerance and vegans alike. Despite their healthiness, these taste delicious and the recipe can be adapted to suit any tastes and i recommend sprinkling the tops with a little muesli and sugar and serving them warm from the oven and drizzled with yoghurt if you are not lactose intolerant. For a nuttier flavour, the vegetable oil can be substituted for nut oil. Chickpea flour can be substituted for rice flour if you don't like the taste. Variations include adding apple, dates, cream cheese, cranberries and raisins to name a few...the possibilities are endless! Enjoy!
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1⁄4 cup chickpea flour
- 2 large bananas, mashed well
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup oats
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup muesli (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius or 350F and grease small muffin tray.
- mix together sugar and oil in a large bowl and stir.
- sift the dry ingredients into the oil mixture, stirring until well combined.
- add banana, vanilla oats and almonds and stir well. mixture should be slightly, but not overly, runny.
- spoon mixture into prepared tray, filling each hole 3/4 of the way with mix.
- sprinkle each muffin with a little muesli and put tray in the oven.
- bake for 20 to 25 minutes until fragrant and well browned and cool on a rack.